Leviathan is looking for an Art Director with 5 or more years of experience in the interactive and motion design industries. As a member of our team, you will develop and execute exceptional design work for interactive exhibits, narrative motion content, immersive brand experiences, and more. You will develop creative concepts and art direct the production of design elements in the form of UI design, style frames, or spatial renders; present your work internally; ideate your design through collaboration with a creative team; bring production-quality assets to our motion and engineering teams.
Your high-end visual design is matched with an eye on latest technologies, pushing what’s possible in your creative approach and inspiring your teammates to push themselves further too.
You will report to a Creative Director.
- Be 70% creatively on the box and 30% oversight and art direction
- Provide design elements, style frames, and conceptual ideation for client projects and pitches
- Interpret existing brand identity systems (typography, photography, footage, color palettes) and design new visual solutions that meet business and user needs
- Contribute design thinking into exciting creative concepts for awarded and project proposals; and
- Work with multiple creative leaders, designers, and engineers
- Develop visual solutions for client and internal projects
- Ensure design assets meet our production standards
- Contribute to conceptual design for pitches and business development
- Champion a high standard of quality within the design team creative output
- Polish client-facing presentations and external communication
- 5+ years of experience as a visual designer in an experiential agency or digital production environment - This is required
- Experience creating UI design, wireframe UX flows, and prototyping designs for mobile, touchscreen, and other platforms
- Experienced with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Figma, Invision, or other UX tools
- Skills using Adobe After Effects, Maxon Cinema 4D or other similar motion graphics software is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in design or equivalent professional experience
- A remarkable online portfolio demonstrating the range of your design skills, art direction, and interactive work accomplished within the field of motion graphics and experiential design
Leviathan offers a great compensation package, 100% employer paid health and dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays.
We build branded environments, themed entertainment, public spaces, events and retail. With such varied backgrounds as motion design, architecture, software engineering and brand strategy under one roof, we bring a unique perspective and increased efficiency to solving complex problems.
We’re committed to attracting a diverse workforce. Diversity, equity and inclusiveness are paramount throughout our culture, principles and practices. By ensuring that every Leviathan person can bring a diverse set of talents, experiences and world views to our work, we’re living out our mission.
At Leviathan, we prioritize making people feel like they can bring their whole selves to work every day (this includes applicants, too). Feel free to share your pronouns and how you’d like to be addressed: she/her, they/them, he/him, ze/zir.
We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Leviathan, where we can be better together.
Leviathan is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
327 N. Aberdeen Suite 201
Chicago, IL 60607
More than a good job.
Good people, good food and good weather come with the territory.
Chicago, Illinois, United States