Leviathan is looking for a Creative Front-End Developer to join our team. Leviathan, a subsidiary of Envoy, is a Chicago-based design agency that transforms distinct environments into exceptional experiences. Through the blend of artful content, digital technology and physical space, we design destinations that engage audiences, change perceptions and promote transactions for bold brands and entertainment properties worldwide.
As Creative Front-end Developer, you will excel in the face of creative and technical challenges, and maximize the definition of possible, collaborating on everything from corporate workplace installations, to theme park attractions, to live events and art installations. You will report to our Director of Creative Technology.
- Be a lead software developer and technology architect on large-scale, one-of-a-kind interactive installations incorporating generative art and media.
- Be a primary front-end developer and architect on Content Management Systems for interactive installations and unique web-based applications.
- Contribute to best practices and software development standards.
- Develop complex real-time visual effects per motion direction and references.
- Help assess incoming project opportunities for technological feasibility, required production time and resources, and options for execution.
- Work with the creative and project management teams to ensure feasibility, and timeline goals are met.
- Manage teams of outside vendors.
- Help provide high-level system engineering for large-scale interactive installations, ranging from a single lobby video display to a dozen interactive exhibits within a given space.
- Participate in and sometimes lead important team and client meetings to communicate and relay feedback, concerns, and recommendations.
- Travel on-site to oversee hardware installation and deploy software.
- 4+ years of professional experience in a creative agency or similar environment.
- Proficient in 3D and 2D WebGL (e.g. Three.js, native canvas) and GLSL shaders.
- Experience building a Content Management System (CMS) for interactive exhibits and websites.
- Experience with generative artwork guided by data (sensor data, web api).
- Experience w/ PC networking using WebSockets, UDP/OSC.
- Experience with Web Tooling used in non-traditional outlets, ie. physical installation.
- Experience using GIT and source control workflow.
Envoy offers a great compensation package, 100% employer-paid health and dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
Built to build what's next.
We build brands, create experiences, launch products and help leaders navigate change across the whole human experience. We combine expertise in strategy, design and technology across our 3 consultancies to create a more connected future for our partners.
We're committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce. Diversity, equity and inclusiveness are paramount throughout our culture, principles and practices. By ensuring that every Envoy person is able to bring a diverse set of talents, experiences and world views to our work, we're truly living out our mission and purpose.
At Envoy, we prioritize making people feel like they can bring their whole selves to work every day (this includes applicants, too). Feel free to share your pronouns and how you'd like to be addressed: she/her, they/them, he/him, ze/zir, etc.
We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Envoy, where we can be better together.
327 N. Aberdeen Suite 201
Chicago, IL 60607
More than a good job.
Good people, good food and good weather come with the territory.
Creative Front-end DeveloperLeviathan
Chicago, Illinois, United States