Envoy is looking for a Director of Engineering. The Director of Engineering is a key senior member of the team, overseeing the web, mobile, IT and QA teams to ensure the smooth execution and delivery of all emerging technology channel projects across a variety of clients and sectors.
You will report to the VP of Technology.
- Lead highly dynamic projects, inspiring and delivering creative solutions.
- Oversee and provide daily management of technical leads, developers, and QA engineers across a variety of accounts and projects
- Be the first point of escalation on essential projects, troubleshooting and communication efforts around active projects
- Provide direction through leadership and driving solutions.
- Understand all client project architecture from top to bottom enough to defend and represent the team’s approach to products
- Stay current with latest technologies and contributing to the technical direction of client and internal technology
- Manage the QA overall process to ensure technology deliverables
- Develop direct reports through thoughtful, performance reviews and development plans
- Provide mentorship and guidance to individual team members and interns
- participate as a hiring manager and lead interviewer in the growth of the mobile engineering and QA teams
- Work with the QA team to monitor and address crash and performance reports to ensure the ongoing quality of products produced by the team
- Fine-tune technical processes specific to client projects and environments, and train developers, QA analysts and other team members
- Interface directly and champion collaborative relationships with clients
- 10+ years software development experience
- Minimum of 5 years of management or leadership experience in an Information Technology Department
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Management or related discipline
- Experience with source control (GIT) and a strong history of collaborating on projects with multiple people
- Experience with connected systems (API’s, integrated platforms, etc.)
- Experience with architecting and implementing scalable solutions
- Expert experience with Cloud Infrastructure
- Expert experience Web Infrastructure
- Expert experience Mobile Infrastructure
- Understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, responsive design, general web functions and standards
- Translate designs, wireframes and written requirements into functional systems
- Prior agency experience and appreciation of visual and product design
- Demonstrate a sixth sense for hiring and developing a great talent of people
- Project Management skills
- Principal technology architect on projects incorporating software and hardware engineering
- Previous working experience as a Technology Leader for 3 year(s)
- A leader in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- In-depth knowledge of web systems architecture and development
- Understanding of budgeting and project planning
- Familiar with cloud provider platforms and services (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
Envoy offers a great compensation package, 100% employer-paid health and dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
Built to build what's next.
We build brands, create experiences, launch products and help leaders navigate change across the whole human experience. We combine world-class expertise in strategy, design and technology across our 3 consultancies to create a more connected future for our partners.
We’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce. Diversity, equity and inclusiveness are paramount throughout our culture, principles and practices. By ensuring that every Envoy person is able to bring a diverse set of talents, experiences and world views to our work, we’re truly living out our mission and purpose.
At Envoy, we prioritize making people feel like they can bring their whole selves to work every day (this includes applicants, too). Feel free to share your pronouns and how you’d like to be addressed: she/her, they/them, he/him, ze/zir, etc.
We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Envoy, where we can be better together.
Envoy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
34 Tesla #100
Irvine, CA 92618
Close enough to get your fill, far enough to find some quiet. Neighboring Southern California’s largest metropolitan cities, OC is the idyllic spot for professional and personal growth.
More than a good job.
Good people, good food and good weather come with the territory.
Director of EngineeringEnvoy
Irvine, California, United States