Director of Finance/Controller
As the Director of Finance/Controller, you will lead Accounting and Finance Operations in building scalable accounting processes and reliable financial reporting for operational and planning purposes. You will report to the CEO and manage our finances through processes and controls. You will collaborate across Finance and Operations, and many other leaders across the business. You will enjoy building and evolving systems to meet the dynamic needs of our high-growth business.
- Oversee all accounting and financial reporting operations including general ledger, internal and external audit activities, financial reporting, bank reconciliation, vendor reviews, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Manage accurate closing of monthly, quarterly and annual management reporting within the given deadlines.
- Oversee A/P, A/R, and payroll functions.
- Manage tax filings.
- Be responsible for cash management across multiple locations.
- Review Envoy's operating results to ensure the accuracy of accounting records.
- Maintain and implement financial governance procedures across the company.
- Travel when needed to operations in Chicago, San Diego, and other potential future locations.
- Partner closely with Project Management teams for the tracking and analysis of project accounting across project lifecycles (bidding, award, execution, review). This will be managed through the Mavenlink software platform.
- Partner with Sr. Operations Leaders to run weekly project pacing meetings.
- Partner with CEO to find and address risk and impacts of operational decisions/initiatives.
- Be a lead finance partner to CEO in the development, management, and analysis of weekly/monthly management dashboards that measure a variety of key operating and financial metrics relating to workforce productivity and utilization, project profitability, sales generation, etc.
- Work with department heads to drive budgeting initiatives to track budget vs. actual performance.
- Eight years prior accounting experience. Experience with a major public accounting firm is desired.
- CPA license
- 5+ years of experience managing teams.
- A strong accounting discipline combined with solid business sensibility.
- Advanced Mavenlink and Intacct experience (or similar accounting systems).
- Proven experience in implementing and managing accounting controls and thorough reporting processes.
- Demonstrated experience managing and developing an accounting department's structure and processes in a dynamic environment and fostering a high-performance culture operating with integrity, efficiency, collaboration, and camaraderie.
- Experience developing and implementing internal controls.
Envoy offers a great compensation package, 100% employer-paid health and dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
Envoy is an end-to-end digital consultancy that helps organizations accelerate growth through connected customer experiences. Trusted by iconic brands and tomorrow's category leaders, Envoy's multidisciplinary team of strategists, designers, and technologists deliver client impact through brand building, e-commerce and digital products. Headquartered in Irvine, California with offices in San Diego and Chicago, Envoy transforms experiences for clients such as T-Mobile, VIZIO, Arlo, Nike and Diageo. To learn more visit Envoy's website and follow the team on LinkedIn.
Envoy is committed to equity.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our community. Envoy does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.