Engineering Manager - iOS
As an iOS Engineering Manager at Envoy, you will be part of a group that delivers innovative solutions for our clients. We are an agency focused on launching and building brands through connected digital experiences, commerce, and product design.
This position is part of a department composed of Mobile, QA, and DevOps engineers. It requires someone who is team-oriented, technology-savvy, and motivated. You will work with fellow department members, project managers, and designers. You are someone who loves the idea of helping both develop technology and a business.
Each day in this role will be varied with projects having their own needs and challenges but all are focused on delivering large-scale iOS applications for our clients. You will manage a small team of iOS engineers, including their career development, and work side-by-side with the Android development team. You will report to the Vice President of Technology.
- Directly manage a team of iOS engineers, assisting with career development, goal setting, measuring success, and defining areas of opportunity.
- Master interactive / software processes from information architecture, user experience design, and technical perspectives. You are accurate, hands-on and stress-tolerant.
- Directly scope development work and work with other team members to establish project technical requirements.
- Track iteration status and resolve stalled or blocked user stories.
- Develop measurements to improve team effectiveness, including dashboard reporting.
- Contribute to product roadmap planning, resource management, project scheduling, and release management.
- Introduce new ideas and processes that improve performance.
- 3+ years of management experience on a native mobile team.
- 7+ years of experience developing iOS native applications in a multi-engineer team.
- 2+ years with highly interactive applications previously released to iOS app store.
- Experience with iOS10 and above.
- Be proficient in Swift, Cocoa Touch, SwiftUI, and experience with Objective-C.
- Technical knowledge of mobile application development and design patterns.
- Experience with MVVM, MVC, VIPER, and Clean (Onion Architecture) architectures and why they are necessary.
- Experience working with at least one IoT framework (AWS IoT, IBM Watson IoT, etc)
- Experience managing Testflight releases and distributing applications to the App Store.
- Use external libraries/tools (e.g. Alamofire, Kingfisher, etc.)
- Knowledge of iOS UI design principles and best practices.
- Experience with app/code optimizations and benchmarking.
- Experience creating layouts for various hardware configurations.
- Prototype new features and redesign existing ones.
- Experience solving memory leaks and analyzing heap dumps.
- Experience with Client/Server Integration (RESTful Services, JSON).
- Read crash stack traces from crash reporting tools like crashlytics.
- Database knowledge (SQL variants).
Envoy offers a great compensation package, 100% employer-paid health and dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
Envoy is an end-to-end digital consultancy that helps organizations accelerate growth through connected customer experiences. Trusted by iconic brands and tomorrow's category leaders, Envoy's multidisciplinary team of strategists, designers, and technologists deliver client impact through brand building, e-commerce and digital products. Headquartered in Irvine, California with offices in San Diego and Chicago, Envoy transforms experiences for clients such as T-Mobile, VIZIO, Arlo, Nike and Diageo. To learn more visit Envoy's website and follow the team on LinkedIn.
Envoy is committed to equity.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our community. Envoy does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.