Envoy is looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer that is responsible for executing web and mobile products. We are looking for someone who is passionate and excited about delivering great web experiences through their ninja coding skills. The ideal candidate is a coding dynamo who can evangelize, architect, and deliver solutions with best practices in mind. Our ideal candidate is someone who loves the idea of helping both develop technology and a business.
Envoy is a design and innovation group focused on launching brands—and building them—through innovative digital experiences, e-commerce, and product design.
Required Skills (Must Have)
- 2+ years with SPA frameworks (React, Vue)
- Comfortable developing on top of various e-commerce platforms (Shopify, Magento, SFCC/Demandware)
- Comfortable developing on top of Content Management Systems (Contentful, WordPress, AEM)
- Strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, responsive design, general web functions and standards
- Experience with modern build tools (Git, Gulp, Yarn, NPM, WebPack)
- Basic knowledge of creative tools (Figma, Sketch, Photoshop)
- Good time management, problem solving and communication skills
Desired Skills (Nice to Have)
- Experience with Static Site Generators (Gatsby, Next)
- Modern web practices (Static components, modules, responsive development)
- Experience with MailChimp (including authoring templates)
- Experience with banner creation
- Knowledge of 3rd party Shopify integrations (Yotpo, ReCharge)
- Server side development (PHP, Go, Node)
- Experience with animations (Canvas, Three.JS, GSAP)
- Experience with state management (Redux)
- Experience with Flutter
- Understanding of theoretical aspects of software engineering and how to apply this to practical problems
- Deep knowledge of one or more programming languages and/or platforms – including those not commonly used at Envoy
- Ability to lead technical design efforts for projects similar to those that have been undertaken by Envoy in the past
- Ability to explain technical matters to non-technical people and propose solutions
- Ability to resolve complex issues involving multiple priorities
- Understanding of situations, processes and issues specific to agencies or consultancies
- Considered a leader by peers
Duties & Responsibilities
- Point person on individual projects
- Significantly contributes to the delivery of projects
- Helps grow the department by participating in interview/hiring process
- Project leader while still an individual contributor
- Focused on department beyond project work
- Assists in scoping, estimating and allocating project work
Envoy offers 100% employer paid health and dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays, fully stocked snack rack, coffee, kombucha and cold brew on tap, and really cute dogs.
- Fast paced work environment with great people who love what they do.
- Envoy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
To all recruitment agencies Envoy does not accept agency resumes. Envoy is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Got the goods? We'd love to hear from you.
34 Tesla #100
Irvine, CA 92618
Close enough to get your fill, far enough to find some quiet. Neighboring Southern California’s largest metropolitan cities, OC is the idyllic spot for professional and personal growth.
More than a good job.
Good people, good food and good weather come with the territory.
Freelance Front End EngineerWe Are Envoy
Irvine, California, United States