As an iOS Engineer at Envoy Irvine, you will be a part of a group that provides innovative solutions for our clients. We are an agency focused on launching and building brands through connected digital experiences, commerce and product design.
You will be part of a department composed of iOS, Android, QA and DevOps engineers and report to the VP of Technology. We are looking for someone who is team-oriented, technology experiences and motivated. You will work with fellow department members, project managers, and designers. You are someone who loves the idea of helping both develop technology and a business.
You will be well-suited as someone who doesn't fit into traditional, rigid engineering structures. Your daily cadence will be varied with each project having its own needs and challenges. We recognize that great work takes time and effort so we aim to provide an environment that supports that. We also realize that sometimes you need to focus and sometimes you need to work with peers (even if it's about an unrelated topic).
- Scope development work
- Introduce new ideas and processes that improve performance and productivity
- Take creative designs and develop them into workable features
- Participate in sprint planning for feature sets
- Resolve bugs and issues with code
- 5+ years of experience developing iOS native applications in a multi-engineer team.
- Experience with iOS11 and above.
- Be proficient in Swift, Cocoa Touch, SwiftUI, and experience with Objective-C.
- Technical knowledge of mobile application development and design patterns.
- Experience with these architectures: MVVM, MVC, VIPER, Clean (Onion Architecture) and why they are necessary.
- Experience working with at least one IoT framework (AWS IoT, IBM Watson IoT, etc)
- A solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Experience managing Testflight releases and distributing applications to the App Store.
- Demonstrate separation of concerns approach and single responsibility principles.
- Use external libraries/tools (e.g. Alamofire, Kingfisher, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of iOS UI design principles and best practices.
- Experience with app/code optimizations and benchmarking.
- Experience creating layouts for various hardware configurations.
- Prototype new features and redesign existing ones.
- OO-Design experience, as a plus FP (functional programming experience).
- Experience solving memory leaks and analyzing heap dumps.
- Experience with Client/Server Integration (RESTful Services, JSON).
- Read crash stack traces from crash reporting tools like crashlytics.
- Database knowledge (SQL variants).
- The ability to solve complex engineering problems using up-to-date methodologies and techniques.
Envoy offers a great compensation package, 100% employer-paid health and dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
Envoy is an end-to-end digital consultancy that helps organizations accelerate growth through connected customer experiences. Trusted by iconic brands and tomorrow's category leaders, Envoy's multidisciplinary team of strategists, designers, and technologists deliver client impact through brand building, e-commerce and digital products. Headquartered in Irvine, California with offices in San Diego and Chicago, Envoy transforms experiences for clients such as T-Mobile, VIZIO, Arlo, Nike and Diageo. To learn more visit Envoy's website and follow the team on LinkedIn.
Envoy is committed to equity.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our community. Envoy does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.