Mobile Engineer Flutter/Android
ENVOY is looking for a passionate, energetic lead mobile engineer who has extensive experience with Flutter and Android.
This position will be joining a team of engineers who are devoted to making well-designed mobile experiences and applications with clean user interfaces. This team interacts routinely with designers, project managers, account managers, testers and other creative individuals. This team is part of Envoy’s larger engineering department which includes web, backend/platform and DevOps engineers. Currently this team develops native mobile applications with a heavy focus on connected devices (both directly through Bluetooth and via IoT cloud platforms). The team has some familiarity with Flutter and is looking for the right person to help build out those skills.
Deep experience contributing to and managing high-scale production mobile apps for Android is required. Since Flutter is a newer technology as extensive experience is not required but familiarity with it and enthusiasm is important. No native iOS experience is required except for as it relates to solving Flutter build issues and working as part of a larger mobile team. An additional element of this role is acting as a lead – which includes designing overall solutions, mentoring other team members and helping plan project deliverables.
As a creative agency ENVOY deals with a wide range of projects, clients and technologies. The ideal candidate will embrace both the opportunities and challenges inherent in this diversity.
- 4+ years of native mobile development (combined Android and/or iOS)
- Successful creation of a moderately complex Android app with knowledge of Activities, Fragments, Asynchronous Patterns, Lifecycle, Bundles, Intents, Services, Receivers, Permissions, Gradle, Manifest.
- Advanced experimentation/prototyping with Flutter and Dart (a shipped project is a plus) – including widget creation, data modeling, 3rd party library integration and troubleshooting native builds
- Ability to translate designs, wireframes and written requirements into functional systems
- Knowledge of git, build tooling and continuous integration systems
- Experience with Play Store deployment processes
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Good time management, problem solving and communication skills
Desired Experience (some are nice but not all required)
- IoT and connected devices (BLE, AWS IoT Core)
- MVVM architectures
- Redux / MobX state management
- Advanced debugging/testing/optimization
- Animations (Lottie, hand coded or other)
- Integrations with 3rd party APIs and/or creation of APIs
- Cloud-native development patterns (knowledge of AWS, Google Cloud and/or Azure platforms)
- Firebase platform (especially Cloud Firestore)
- Any additional software languages
- React Native exposure
- Prior agency experience and appreciation of visual and product design a strong plus
Envoy offers 100% employer paid health and dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays, fully stocked snack rack, coffee, kombucha and cold brew on tap, and really cute dogs.
- Fast paced work environment with great people who love what they do.
- Envoy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
To all recruitment agencies Envoy does not accept agency resumes. Envoy is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Got the goods? We'd love to hear from you.
34 Tesla #100
Irvine, CA 92618
Close enough to get your fill, far enough to find some quiet. Neighboring Southern California’s largest metropolitan cities, OC is the idyllic spot for professional and personal growth.
More than a good job.
Good people, good food and good weather come with the territory.
Mobile Engineer Flutter/AndroidWe Are Envoy
Irvine, California, United States