Bulldog Drummond, a renowned innovation and design consultancy based in San Diego, is comprised of a collection of thinkers and doers, helping organizations solve their toughest challenges, unlock potential and deliver revenue. We are looking to add to our team of Project Managers who facilitate client projects and help to support our team of strategists and designers.
THE GOODS YOU'VE GOT TO HAVE
- Serious self-awareness and a service mindset
- Ambition to better yourself and the organization through daily learning
- Good at asking questions without presuming the answer
- Pragmatic optimism with a focus on what can be done
- Meticulous in planning and organization
- Thorough in documentation and communication
- Ability to anticipate potential problems and to proactively work to solve them
- A passion for systems and processes
- Ability to share opinions and challenge others in a respectful way
- Ability to make sense of complex situations and prioritize effectively
- Tact and persistence in achieving project milestones and goals
- Good eye for graphic and information design
- Proactive in establishing and developing relationships
- Calm under pressure of deadlines, changing requirements and multiple stakeholders
THE WORK YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Preparing Statements of Work
- Preparing Proposals and/or RFP Responses
- Estimating hours for current/potential projects and preparing Bid sheets
- Opening New Jobs
- Managing projects within our project management systems (Harvest/Basecamp)
- Managing projects within our resource and time management system (Forecast)
- Working with new clients on initial project/client set-up and documents collection
- Creating project timelines and making updates as needed both internally and externally
- Internal project management with our design and production teams (Basecamp) i.e., open jobs, brief projects to internal team(s), update projects based on client feedback, etc.
- Attending client meetings (i.e., kickoff, milestone meetings, etc.)
- Managing communication with project freelancers and vendors (i.e., photographers, illustrators, etc.)
- Internal project communication in multiple formats
- External project communication and relationship maintenance (i.e., overall relationship, deliverables, reviews in-person or via phone or video, project feedback with clients, etc.)
- Managing client/projects calendar
- Scheduling client calls, meetings and reviews
- Proofing decks, documents and other deliverables
- Checking work against briefs
EXPECTATIONS WE HAVE FOR YOUR PERFORMANCE
- Client success and appreciation - the ultimate metrics by which we are all measured
- Stellar internal and external project management to the Bulldog standard—on-time, every time
- Proactively learning the Bulldog methodology and system, and suggesting improvements where needed
- Quickly assimilating into the team and the Bulldog culture
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role and agency
- Understanding of basic business, brand, design and project management principles of the industry
- Basic to Proficient knowledge of Mac OSX, Adobe Acrobat, and Google software suite (Gmail, Calendars, Docs, etc.)
- Top-notch reviewing and proofing skills
ABOUT BULLDOG DRUMMOND
BULLDOG DRUMMOND IS AN INNOVATION & DESIGN CONSULTANCY PRACTICING
THE ART OF UNCOMMON SENSE
Founded in 1997, Bulldog Drummond is proudly based in beautiful San Diego for quality of life and peace of mind. We conduct business seamlessly with clients all over the globe. Our team of brand strategists and design thinkers specialize in cutting through the complexity that fosters common thinking in pursuit of creating tangible value for our clients in four distinct practice areas.
Curious. Resourceful. Determined. Humble. Optimistic.
The duties and responsibilities in this job description are subject to change at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Bulldog Drummond is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.
Bulldog Drummond offers a competitive salary, 100% employer paid health and dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays, fully stocked snack rack, coffee, and really great dogs.
To all recruitment agencies Bulldog does not accept agency resumes. Bulldog is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
655 G Street, Suite B
San Diego, CA 92101
Close enough to get your fill, far enough to find some quiet. Neighboring Southern California’s largest metropolitan cities, OC is the idyllic spot for professional and personal growth.
More than a good job.
Good people, good food and good weather come with the territory.
Project ManagerBulldog Drummond
San Diego, California, United States