Envoy is looking for a Senior Android Engineer to join our team on a contracted basis. You will be a part of a group that provides innovative solutions for our clients. We are an agency focused on launching and building brands through connected digital experiences, commerce and product design.
You will be part of a department composed of iOS, Android, QA and DevOps engineers and report to the Director of Technology. We are looking for someone who is team-oriented, technology experiences and motivated. You will work with fellow department members, project managers, and designers. You are someone who loves the idea of helping both develop technology and a business.
You will be well-suited as someone who doesn't fit into traditional, rigid engineering structures. Your daily cadence will be varied with each project having its own needs and challenges. We recognize that great work takes time and effort so we aim to provide an environment that supports that. We also realize that sometimes you need to focus and sometimes you need to work with peers (even if it's about an unrelated topic).
- You master interactive / software processes from an information architecture, user experience design, and technical perspective. Quick thinker, accurate, hands-on, stress tolerant and a problem solver.
- Scope development work.
- Introduce new ideas and processes that improve performance and productivity.
- Experience developing on Android 5.1 API level 22 and above.
- Technical knowledge of mobile application development and design patterns.
- Have an understanding of at least one of these architectures: MVVM, MVC, VIPER, Clean (Onion Architecture) and why they are necessary.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Ability to demonstrate separation of concerns approach and single responsibility principles.
- Experience using external libraries/tools (e.g. Volley, Retrofit, GSON, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles and best practices.
- Experience with app/code optimizations and benchmarking.
- Experience with creating layouts for various hardware configurations.
- Can prototype new features and redesign existing ones.
- OO-Design experience, as a plus FP (functional programming experience).
- Memory management, experience solving memory leaks and analyzing heap dumps.
- Client/Server Integration (RESTful Services, JSON).
- Experience reading crash stack traces from crash reporting tools like crashlytics.
- Database knowledge (SQL variants).
- Up-to-date knowledge of the Kotlin programming language and its best practices.
- Advanced Gradle experience.
- Experience mentoring junior members.
- Technical understanding of operating systems.
- iOS development experience.
- Experience with UI and Unit Testing in Android Applications (JUnit, Espresso).
- Experience with Unit Testing in Android Applications.
- Able to work with Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Experience with the Android Animation APIs.
- Experience with the Android Bluetooth stack.
- Experience with AWS IoT.
- Experience with social Sign In.
- Experience implementing Firebase Auth, Cloud Store, Analytics and Store.
Envoy is an end-to-end digital consultancy that helps organizations accelerate growth through connected customer experiences. Trusted by iconic brands and tomorrow's category leaders, Envoy's multidisciplinary team of strategists, designers, and technologists deliver client impact through brand building, e-commerce and digital products. Headquartered in Irvine, California with offices in San Diego and Chicago, Envoy transforms experiences for clients such as T-Mobile, VIZIO, Arlo, Nike and Diageo. To learn more visit Envoy's website and follow the team on LinkedIn.
Envoy is committed to equity.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our community. Envoy does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.
34 Tesla #100
Irvine, CA 92618
Close enough to get your fill, far enough to find some quiet. Neighboring Southern California’s largest metropolitan cities, OC is the idyllic spot for professional and personal growth.
More than a good job.
Good people, good food and good weather come with the territory.
Senior Android Engineer (Contract)Irvine
Irvine, California, United States