Leviathan is looking for a Senior Creative Software Engineer to join our team. Leviathan (www.lvthn.com), a subsidiary of Envoy (www.weareenvoy.com), is a Chicago-based design agency that transforms distinct environments into exceptional experiences. Through the blend of artful content, digital technology and physical space, we design destinations that engage audiences, change perceptions and guide transactions for bold brands and entertainment properties worldwide. You will grow in the face of creative and technical challenges, and maximize the definition of possible, collaborating on everything from corporate workplace installations, to theme park attractions, to live events and art installations.
You will report to the Director of Creative Technology.
- Be a lead software developer and technology architect on large-scale, one-of-a-kind interactive installations incorporating generative art and media.
- Contribute to best practices and software development standards
- Develop complex real-time visual effects per motion direction and references
- Help assess incoming project opportunities for technological feasibility, required production time & resources, and options for execution. Work with the creative and project management teams to ensure feasibility, and timeline goals are met.
- Participate in and sometimes lead key team and client meetings to communicate and relay feedback, concerns, and recommendations.
- Travel on-site to oversee hardware installation and deploy software. Some remote support.
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Expert in Unreal Engine development; Secondary skills in TouchDesigner, OpenFrameworks, Unity or other similar platforms. Experience with Houdini a plus
- Expert in large-scale interactive installations. Comfortable with software development and hardware deployment required for multiple synchronized computers, depth cameras, projection mapping, touchscreens.
- Experience with C++ and Python
- Comfortable with 3D rendering and GPU technologies (OpenGL, DirectX, GLSL & similar shaders)
- Excited about pushing the limits of interactive environments using materials, software, and hardware in creative ways, exploring new technologies
Leviathan offers a great compensation package, 100% employer paid health and dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays.
We build branded environments, themed entertainment, public spaces, events and retail. With such varied backgrounds as motion design, architecture, software engineering and brand strategy under one roof, we bring a unique perspective and increased efficiency to solving complex problems.
We’re committed to attracting a diverse workforce. Diversity, equity and inclusiveness are paramount throughout our culture, principles and practices. By ensuring that every Leviathan person can bring a diverse set of talents, experiences and world views to our work, we’re living out our mission.
At Leviathan, we prioritize making people feel like they can bring their whole selves to work every day (this includes applicants, too). Feel free to share your pronouns and how you’d like to be addressed: she/her, they/them, he/him, ze/zir.
We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Leviathan, where we can be better together.
Leviathan is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
327 N. Aberdeen Suite 201
Chicago, IL 60607
More than a good job.
Good people, good food and good weather come with the territory.
Senior Creative Software Engineer (Unreal Engine)Leviathan
Chicago, Illinois, United States