Senior Creative Software Engineer
Envoy, Chicago is looking for a Creative Software Engineer to join our team. As a Senior Creative Software Engineer, your core focus will be to lead interactive and immersive experience projects from the vantage point of technology. Working alongside leads from both the Creative and Production departments, you will design and implement unique experiences that delight, wonder, and utilize technology in unique ways. You'll help ensure projects are properly staffed for success. You'll architect the core functionality of each experience and guide development teams to create high-quality software. You'll serve as the voice of engineering during internal and client-facing presentations. You will thrive in the face of creative and technical challenges, and maximize the definition of possible, collaborating on everything from corporate workplace installations, to theme park attractions, to live events and art installations. As the Senior Creative Software Engineer, you will report to the Creative Director of Technology.
- Serve as a lead software developer and/or technology architect on large-scale, one-of-a-kind interactive installations incorporating generative art and media.
- Manage small teams of external contractors and internal software engineers.
- Contribute to best practices and software development standards.
- Develop complex real-time visual effects per motion direction and references.
- Help assess incoming project opportunities for technological feasibility, required production time & resources, and options for execution. Work with the creative and project management teams to ensure feasibility, and timeline goals are being met.
- Help provide high-level system engineering and A/V hardware spec for large-scale interactive installations, ranging from a lobby video display to a dozen interactive & content exhibits within a given space.
- Participate in and sometimes lead key team and client meetings to communicate and relay feedback, concerns, and recommendations.
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Fluency working with creative frameworks like TouchDesigner, Unreal Engine (C++ & blueprint), or front-end Web Development (WebGL, Node.js).
- Secondary skills in Notch, OpenFrameworks, Max MSP or other similar platforms are a plus.
- Expertise in large-scale interactive installations.
- Experience with software development and hardware deployment required for multiple synchronized computers, depth cameras, various sensors, projection mapping, touchscreens, media walls, etc.
- Experience with C++ and/or Python.
- Experience with generative artwork guided by data (sensor data, web api, etc).
- Enthusiasm pushing the limits of interactive environments using materials, software, and hardware in creative ways, exploring emerging technologies.
Envoy offers a great compensation package, 100% employer-paid health and dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
Envoy is an end-to-end digital consultancy that helps organizations accelerate growth through connected customer experiences. Trusted by iconic brands and tomorrow's category leaders, Envoy's multidisciplinary team of strategists, designers, and technologists deliver client impact through brand building, e-commerce and digital products. Headquartered in Irvine, California with offices in San Diego and Chicago, Envoy transforms experiences for clients such as T-Mobile, VIZIO, Arlo, Nike and Diageo. To learn more visit Envoy's website and follow the team on LinkedIn.
Envoy is committed to equity.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our community. Envoy does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.