Reports to Chief Experience Officer
Located in Downtown San Diego
Bulldog Drummond, a premier design and innovation consultancy based in San Diego, is comprised of a collection of thinkers and doers helping organizations solve their toughest challenges, unlock potential and deliver revenue. We are looking to add to our team of strategists who partner with organizations to drive brand, product, experience and people innovation.
There is no specific type for this role, but experience in brand, strategy and innovation is helpful. We don’t want people exactly like us, as we value new perspectives, but we do require people who live our values every day. We will know the candidate is right when we’ve had the chance to spend time together, understand what makes him or her tick and see real work product.
There are some things we know we need in the role and are happy to share more of what you will do and how you will be measured. Keep in mind, “how” matters greatly at Bulldog, it’s not just about having great ideas, being good in front of the room or wicked with the pen.
THE GOODS YOU GOT TO HAVE
- A desire to do good in the world
- Serious self-awareness and a service mindset
- Ambition to better yourself and the organization
- Ability to create frameworks for solving challenges
- Good in front of a room and skill in influencing
- Desire to lead and unlock the potential of others
- Good at asking questions without presuming the answer
- Rationally optimistic with a focus on what can be done
- A love of figuring things out on your own and the humility to ask for help
- Ability to share opinions and challenge others in a respectful way
- A flat-out love and recognized skill in writing
- A healthy dose of not taking yourself too seriously
THE WORK YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Activating brands, organizations and cultures through strategy, design and tactics around values, leadership, culture, customer and employee experience design, sustainability and societal impact
- Opportunity to lead Bulldog People Practice projects from start to finish
- Research to fuel our thinking including desk research, field research, interviewing and other forms of consumer research
- Practice development for the People Practice focused on employer brand, employee experience, cultivating culture and activating brand and values
- Content development for proposals, meetings, workshops and final project output
- Creating design briefs for client and internal work
- Working with the team to create and participate in collaborative idea generation workshops with clients
- Client management including relationship building, proposal development and negotiation, scheduling and materials delivery
- Content generation for the Bulldog blog and speaking, as appropriate
- Tracking your time on projects and assorted other less-than-glamorous requirements of the role, which we will explain when we meet
EXPECTATIONS WE HAVE FOR YOUR PERFORMANCE
- Client success and appreciation - the ultimate metrics by which we are all measured
- Producing stellar work product to the Bulldog standard on-time, every time
- Proactively learning the Bulldog methodology and suggesting improvements
- Bringing leading edge expertise and innovative thinking to develop the People Practice
- Quickly assimilating into the team and Bulldog culture
- Humility within the team and in front of clients
- Representing Bulldog and its values with respect
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
- Preferably 7-10 years of experience in a similar role or with similar work
- Understanding of business and brand principles
- Top-notch writing and speaking skills
- Ability to travel (up to 25% of the time)
- Long periods in a seated position
- Fluent in English
ABOUT BULLDOG DRUMMOND
BULLDOG DRUMMOND IS AN INNOVATION & DESIGN CONSULTANCY PRACTICING THE ART OF UNCOMMON SENSE
Founded in 1997, Bulldog Drummond is proudly based in beautiful San Diego for quality of life and peace of mind. We conduct business seamlessly with clients all over the globe. Our team of brand strategists and design thinkers specialize in cutting through the complexity that fosters common thinking in pursuit of creating tangible value for our clients in four distinct practice areas.
Curious. Resourceful. Determined. No Bullshit. Humble. Optimistic.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Bulldog Drummond is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.
Bulldog Drummond offers a competitive salary, 100% employer paid health and dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays, fully stocked snack rack, coffee, and really great dogs. The duties and responsibilities in this job description are subject to change at any time.
To all recruitment agencies, Bulldog does not accept agency resumes. Bulldog is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
655 G Street, Suite B
San Diego, CA 92101
Close enough to get your fill, far enough to find some quiet. Neighboring Southern California’s largest metropolitan cities, OC is the idyllic spot for professional and personal growth.
More than a good job.
Good people, good food and good weather come with the territory.
Senior Strategist, People & Experience InnovationBulldog Drummond
San Diego, California, United States