Bulldog Drummond, a part of Envoy Group, is a design and innovation consultancy that creates meaningful value for some of the world's largest and most purposeful brands. We uncover insights, develop strategies and design and execute solutions to bring new ideas, brands and products to market. Our work is informed by real people and inspired by a fascination for understanding what makes communities and companies tick.
Bulldog Drummond is looking for a highly intelligent and talented Senior Strategist with a knack for solving complex challenges and unlocking opportunities. You will be responsible for partnering with organizations to drive and lead strategic brand and product innovation initiatives. You will work across diverse categories on challenging projects that require deep thinking, collaboration and creativity. You will work closely with a team of seasoned strategists and creatives and report to Bulldog's Chief Content and Creative Officer. We don't want people exactly like us because we value new perspectives, but we do require people who live our values every day. We will know you're the rooftop candidate when we've had the chance to spend time together (virtually for now), understand what makes you tick and see examples of real work product.
The Goods You've Got To Have:
- A desire to do good in the world.
- Serious self-awareness and a service mindset.
- Ambition to better yourself and the organization through daily learning and persistence.
- The desire and ability to lead projects from start to finish and eventually lead a team.
- You ask good questions and listen for the answer, without presuming the answer.
- Pragmatic optimism with a focus on what can (and must) be done.
- A love of figuring things out on your own and the humility to ask for help.
- Ability to share opinions and challenge others in a respectful way.
- A flat-out love and recognized skill in writing.
- At ease in a room full of executives and comfortable working collaboratively with clients.
- Ability to work flexibly within a team, remotely and eventually back in-person in a hybrid model.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- You're serious about your work, but don't take yourself too seriously.
- Lead and build lasting client partnerships.
- Build brands from the ground up, refresh existing brands, develop new product ideas, creating big ideas, storytelling and more.
- Produce a stellar work product to the Bulldog standard on-time, every time.
- Dig and research to fuel our thinking including heavy desk research, field research, interviewing and other forms of consumer research.
- Develop content for proposals, meetings, workshops and final project output.
- Create briefs for client and internal teams.
- Create and participate in collaborative idea generation workshops with clients.
- Manage clients, including relationship building, ideation and project presentations.
- Generate content for the Bulldog communications.
- Track your time on projects and assorted other operational expectations.
- Represent Bulldog and its values with professionalism and respect.
- 5 -10 years of experience in a similar role.
- Understanding of business, brand and innovation principles.
- Top-notch writing skills.
- Digital fluency and experience in building digitally relevant and digitally native brands and products.
- Travel when deemed necessary and productive again when deemed necessary and appropriate.
- Long periods in a seated or virtual position.
- Self-awareness, confidence and humility within the team and in-front of clients.
Envoy offers a great compensation package, 100% employer-paid health and dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
Envoy is an end-to-end digital consultancy that helps organizations accelerate growth through connected customer experiences. Trusted by iconic brands and tomorrow's category leaders, Envoy's multidisciplinary team of strategists, designers, and technologists deliver client impact through brand building, ecommerce and digital products. Headquartered in Irvine, California with offices in San Diego and Chicago, Envoy transforms experiences for clients such as T-Mobile, VIZIO, Arlo, Nike and Diageo. To learn more visit Envoy's website and follow the team on LinkedIn.
Envoy is committed to equity.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our community. Envoy does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.
655 G Street, Suite B
San Diego, CA 92101
Close enough to get your fill, far enough to find some quiet. Neighboring Southern California’s largest metropolitan cities, OC is the idyllic spot for professional and personal growth.
More than a good job.
Good people, good food and good weather come with the territory.
Senior StrategistBulldog Drummond
San Diego, California, United States