Software Development Manager
We are looking for a Software Development Manager who is excited about smart well-designed applications, beautiful responsive Front-End web development, and solving a wide range of technical challenges in a growing team of engineers. Your enthusiasm for web technologies should inspire the team to grow and execute projects at a high level while your experience working with different technologies and platforms should bring insight to technical and non-technical colleagues. You are someone who has been a hands-on engineer for several years who is now looking to take the next step into a more leadership-focused position. As the Software Development Manager, you will report to the VP of Technology.
- Manage and provide direction on multiple frontend web projects, including architecture, approach, and guidance for the team.
- Collaborate with creative and production departments to scope projects and lend technical insight to initial discovery as well as technical project execution.
- Participate in agile ceremonies to help plan for and strategize project deliverables.
- Mentor team members and help them grow their skill sets in both backend and frontend technologies.
- Help debug and troubleshoot team member's code to overcome technical issues.
- Set standards for code reviews and policies to ensure development best practices.
- Hands-on development with projects when required.
- 3+ years leading a team of web developers, preferably in an agency/consulting environment including developing and mentoring engineering staff.
- 5+ years of professional web development experience implementing medium to large-scale e-commerce and marketing websites.
- 5+ years of CMS and eCommerce experience, including Wordpress, Shopify, and Magento.
- 3+ years of experience with relational and non-relational database systems, such as MySQL, MongoDB, or similar.
- 3+ years of experience working with self-made and 3rd party API systems.
- Familiarity working with Shopify 3rd party applications, APIs, and systems.
- Experience translating project requirements, designs, and technology stacks into actionable tasks.
- Previous Agency experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with AWS (or similar) is a plus.
- Familiarity with a headless approach to modern web development (i.e. Gastby, NextJS, NuxtJS, etc.)
- Strong HTML, CSS, and SCSS skills, with bonus points for experience with animation.
Envoy offers a great compensation package, 100% employer-paid health and dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
Envoy is an end-to-end digital consultancy that helps organizations accelerate growth through connected customer experiences. Trusted by iconic brands and tomorrow's category leaders, Envoy's multidisciplinary team of strategists, designers, and technologists deliver client impact through brand building, e-commerce and digital products. Headquartered in Irvine, California with offices in San Diego and Chicago, Envoy transforms experiences for clients such as T-Mobile, VIZIO, Arlo, Nike and Diageo. To learn more visit Envoy's website and follow the team on LinkedIn.
Envoy is committed to equity.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our community. Envoy does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.