Leviathan is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team. Leviathan (www.lvthn.com), a subsidiary of Envoy, is a Chicago-based design agency that creates engaging narrative content and experiences for brands and entertainers. We combine our skills in broadcast, interactive and experiential design with diverse clientele such as consumer-facing brands, themed entertainment venues, and artists. A qualified candidate will thrive in the face of creative and technical challenges, and maximize the definition of possible. For consideration, please respond with the title of your favorite science fiction movie at the top of your cover letter.
- Serve as a lead software developer and/or technology architect on large-scale, one-of-a-kind interactive installations incorporating generative art and media.
- Contribute to best practices and software development standards for the company.
- Aid in assessing incoming project opportunities for technological feasibility, required production time & resources, and options for execution. Work with the creative and project management teams to ensure feasibility, and timeline goals are being met.
- Participate in key team and client meetings to communicate and relay feedback, concerns, and recommendations.
- Travel on-site to oversee hardware installation and deploy software. Some remote support as necessary.
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Expert in at least one visual programming platform, e.g. TouchDesigner, OpenFrameworks, Unity or Unreal; secondary skills with other similar platforms a plus.
- Expert in large-scale interactive installations. Comfortable with software development and hardware deployment required for multiple synchronized computers, depth cameras, projection mapping, touchscreens, etc.
- Experience with C++ and/or Python
- Comfortable with 3D rendering and GPU technologies (OpenGL, DirectX, compute shaders, etc).
- Excited about pushing the limits of interactive environments using materials, software, and hardware in creative ways, exploring new and emerging technologies.
- Verifiable problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and self-direction.
- Collaborative and flexible team member.
- Working knowledge of web technologies a plus.
- Strong communication skills and documentation abilities.
Leviathan offers a competitive salary, 100% employer paid health and dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays, fully stocked snack rack, coffee and really cute dogs.
Fast paced work environment with great people who love what they do.
Leviathan is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
To all recruitment agencies, Leviathan does not accept agency resumes. Leviathan is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Got the goods? We'd love to hear from you.
327 N. Aberdeen Suite 201
Chicago, IL 60607
More than a good job.
Good people, good food and good weather come with the territory.
Chicago, Illinois, United States